In this project we are creating unified demographic forms for ManyBabies projects, with instructions for how to customize it to particular countries and what fields are required or recommended to have. These forms would be thoughtful about how to ask questions about variables like prematurity, and would provide guidance about how to tailor questions about race/ethnicity or SES for labs in different countries (e.g., by relying on census categories).
If you are interested in helping to translate or adpate template forms for your context, please let us know.
- Mihaela Barokova, New Bulgarian University, Bulgaria [email]
- Leher Singh, National University of Singapore, Singapore & National Science Foundation, USA [email]
- Manuscript has been submitted to Developmental Psychology
- Translating/adapting templates (contact Project Leads for more information or to help!)
- Listserv: join here
- For a detailed index of collaborators (+ institutions, countries, studies), see the MB collaborator dashboard.
We encourage everyone who is interested in the project to contact the Project Leads (see above) or fill out the MB Sign-Up Form.
Please note that access to infants/infant lab is NOT a prerequisite.
Singh, L., Barokova, M. D., Baumgartner, H. A., Lopera-Perez, D. C., Omane, P. O., Sheskin, M., Yuen, F., Wu, Y., Alcock, K. J., Altmann, E. C., Bazhydai, M., Carstensen, A., Chan, K. C. J., Chuan-Peng, H., Dal Ben, R., Franchin, L., Kosie, J. E., Lew-Williams, C., Okocha, A., Reinelt, T., Schuwerk, T., Soderstrom, M., Tsui, A. S. M., Frank, M. C. (2022, December 22). A unified approach to demographic data collection for research with young children across diverse cultures. PsyArXiv Preprint