All infants from MB1, regardless of their linguistic background, heard stimuli recorded in North American English. In this ongoing project we ask how does Infant Directed Speech (IDS) preference to North American English in MB1 compare to IDS preference measured in non-English speaking babies’ native language. Infants who are primary exposed to either French, Dutch, Norwegian, Czech, or Turkish will be tested in their native languages using the same procedure from MB1.
- Natalia Kartushina, University of Oslo, Norway [email]
- Virginie Durier, Université de Rennes 1 - CNRS, France [email]
- Stimulus creation and data collection is ongoing
- Materials, Protocols, and Documentation: MB1N-OSF.
- Data and code: To be released.
- Listserv: join here.
- News: MB1N-news.
- For a detailed index of collaborators (+ institutions, countries, studies), see the MB collaborator dashboard.
We encourage everyone who is interested in the project to contact the Project Lead (see above) or fill out the MB Sign-Up Form.
Please note that access to infants/infant lab is NOT a prerequisite.